Telehealth is available at Memorial-610 Hospital for Animals. Consultations may be provided during normal business hours by appointment, as well as after hours (again, by appointment). This is not a substitute for emergency care - if your pet need emergency care during times when we are unavailable, please contact one of the nearby emergency centers listed here on our website.
Current patients, animals that we have seen in our office within the past 6-12 months for evaluation by a veterinarian, may be eligible for a telehealth consultation. There are many clinical presentations that do not lend themselves well to a telehealth consultation, and these will be referred for an in-person evaluation. If we have not seen your animal in the last 6-12 months, you will need to make a conventional appointment to be evaluated in person.
Memorial-610 Hospital for Animals is now offering remote healthcare services with TeleVet! With the TeleVet mobile app you can easily send virtual consultation requests to us whenever your pet is sick or injured.
To get started, download the TeleVet app on the iTunes or Google Play store and create your personal profile and your pets (pictures encouraged!). When you need us, create a consultation request detailing your pet’s issue. Upload any pictures or videos, instant message, and talk with us face to face through a video conference call to help get your pet feeling better again. We look forward to talking with you soon.
*Only available for current Memorial-610 Hospital for Animals Clients and Patients.
Often, photographs will be helpful - if so, take multiple photographs in good lighting in the following method:
- Download, print and utilize our printable ruler page to help give us identification and relative scale to your photos. Use this ruler in the photos that you provide to us.
- Take an overview photo showing most of the patient with region of interest within the photo.
- Take a regional photo of the area
- Take several close-ups shots from different angles, trying to make certain that they look representative of what you are seeing with the naked eye before sending them.
- It is not unusual for this process to result in 7+ photographs
Be advised that it is not always possible for us to make a solid enough determination via telehealth consult for particular problems and an in-person consult may be necessary. If so, we will recommend that route and transfer the information that you have provided to the appointment once it is scheduled in clinic.
Download the app from the App Store or Google Play to talk to your veterinarian: